Toenail fungus is considerably one of the most common foot ailments among almost all age group of people. It may starts with some simple spots on the surface of toenail which you do not bother to look after but if infection spreads and persists with time it has the capability to trouble you for a long period of time. A severe type of toenail fungus can even damage your nails permanently.
Before you have to rush to a podiatrist, let help yourself with some natural, home remedies to cure the attack of toenail fungus at an early stage. Here are simple steps to follow to combat toenail fungus.
Thinning And Trimming
When toenail fungus advances during the attacking stage, the nail subsequently gets thicker and harder. The first step would be to thin the nails by following some daily routines. The simple strides are as follows:
- Apply urea cream to the affected nails and cover it with a bandage. Keep it overnight and wash out in the morning with soap and water;
- Repeat it in every night until the nail gets softened;
- Protect the skin around your nail with petroleum jelly.
When you feel it getting softer enough, trim the nail properly. It will reduce the pain as well as help any sort of medicines enter beneath the nail surface.
Coconut Oil To Treat Toenail Fungus
Coconut oil is such a simple ingredient yet can work wonders to remove your toenail fungus. Take coconut oil and soak your affected nail with cotton absorbent; let it dry naturally. For best result, use at least three times daily. Remember to wash your hands properly with soap each time after touching the affected area.
Foot Bath To Treat Toenail Fungus At Home
The therapeutic bath helps relieve the discomfort and pain that is caused from this type of fungal infection.
- Soak your feet for 10 to 15 minutes (or more if you can spare the time) in a specially formulated homemade preparation of water mixed with a handful of baking soda, Epsom salt or plain coarse salt;
- This type of bath can be done in the tub, but it works much better in a dishpan;
- Fill an extra dish pan with clear, cool water and place nearby for rinsing;
- Do not forget to dry your feet and nails thoroughly but do not rub the affected part; just pat it dry;
- Don’t trim or pick the skin around the affected nail which gives outside germs to access into it.