Frequent outdoers need almost every day washing of hair hence an organic shampoo can serve well as a natural alternative. It might consume some of your time but great results are ensued over time left aside the satisfaction. It can be mentioned that you might miss the foaming aspect in case of the organic shampoo but it is also worth mentioning that the ‘foam’ in regular shampoo is made of chemical detergents.
Here is the recipe of the homemade organic shampoo
- Coconut milk – ½ cup
- Liquid castile soap – ½ cup
- Essential oils – 20 to 30 drops.
- A homemade coconut milk is preferred instead of a canned one although you can deal with a preserved one if you choose. In order to make homemade coconut milk, soak the coconut pulp in water overnight before squeeze the milk out of it and drain if needed.
- Combine all the ingredients in a shampoo jar and shake well to mix.
- If you prefer a little of foaming, add less than ¼ cup of water.
- Shake each time before using.
- In case of dry hair, combine 20 drops of coconut or olive oil into the mix.
- For essential oils – if you prefer a scented organic shampoo, use peppermint or rosemary oil. Other essential oils like jojoba, lavender or orange also can be applied.
Take one teaspoon full of shampoo every time to massage from root to hair strands.
To further add value in the homemade organic shampoo, exercise apple cider vinegar which turn the mixture to a shampoo plus conditioner. 25-30 drops of apple cider vinegar would be sufficient for hair conditioning.
It can be noted that apple cider vinegar is a fine natural conditioner itself. So one can have an apple cider vinegar rinse after shampooing to restore the PH balance of hair along with having shiny, glistening locks of stresses.