Any kind of skin troubles whether it be acne, freckles or excessive exposure to sun might lead undesirable dark spots upon skin which is rather obnoxious and baffling to deal with.
While there are many commercial drugs and creams available in the market, it should be kept in mind that those might contain side effects as well. Here are some of the easy home remedies from which you can select to apply for removing dark spots.
Lemon juice to remove dark spots
Citric acid contains in lemon juice works as a natural bleacher for skin. Skin lightening agents in lemon reduce pigmentation and spots.
- Dip a cotton ball in freshly squeezed lemon juice;
- Apply over dark spots, scars of hyper pigmented areas of the skin; you can also apply all over the skin;
- Add few drops of rose water for better results;
- Avoid leaving lemon juice in skin for more than 10 minutes because it can create irritation.
Potato juice to remove dark spots
Natural enzymes stored in potato exfoliates skin to remove dead cells. For using potato to eradicate dark spots, all you need to do is to extract juice from potato.
- Take 2 tea spoon potato juice and mix with 1 tea spoon honey;
- Potato juice generally dry up skin surface, adding honey procures natural moistures in the pack;
- Apply with a cotton ball;
- Wash out with normal water after 20 minutes;
Oatmeal scrub to remove dark spots
Oatmeal has exfoliating agent; can remove even severe pigmentation on skin.
- Take some tomato pulp or freshly squeezed tomato juices to make a thick paste with oatmeal;
- You can even add few drops of lemon juice;
- Apply the scrub over your face and neck with fingertips;
- Let it sit for 20 minutes or until the face pack get dry;
- Wash with normal water;
- To remove the scrub, gently rub the skin in circular motion and wash off with water.